Friday, August 27, 2010

A very special Pink Saturday ~ A Miracle Blog Party

This week Beverly at How Sweet the Sound, who is of course our hostess each week, asked that we join with Kelee at The Katillac Shack for A Miracle Party blog event on Saturday, August 28.  They are celebrating a beautiful makeover for Colette, a cancer patient sorely in need of a room makeover to lift her spirits and help her fight this awful disease!  Here is  what Kelee writes, in part, "Transforming her rental house bedroom from bleak to beautiful helped her through chemotherapy. The restored and renewed space filled her with hope. A visual reminder that healing is possible for our homes and lives....that miracles do happen. For all of Colette's story go to Guideposts Magazine on-line or go to Target or Barnes & Noble for the monthly edition. See the dreary "before" of the room -- and the challenges we faced -- on the reveal video."  So head on over to The Katillac Shack to see the reveal of this gorgeous room and to thank Guide Post for helping sponsor this amazing event!  Plus, for every comment left, one dollar will be donated so please go and leave a comment for this wonderful cause!

We are all to share an inspiration story too.  I don't really have a story but a picture!

Yes, for those who know me this won't be a surprise.  I just cannot tell you what inspiration I find in water, particularly the ocean.  I live near Niagara Falls and visit on occasion and I am always transfixed!  Someday soon I will take you on a tour of the Falls for those of you who haven't seen it!
The ocean reminds me of life in a way.  It is beautiful, for us to enjoy, to eat, to marvel!  But, you must treat it with respect and also learn to "roll with the waves."

Have a wonderful, inspiring Pink Saturday!

OXOXOX,
Jacalyn

15 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

One day I hope to visit my youngest son who attends U of T and he wants to take his father and me to see the Falls.
I live near the ocean and only fifteen minutes from the beach. It is my favourite place to go. Nothing soothes me more than sitting and listening to the sound of the waves, the song of the birds in the sandhills behind me, and the wide open blue sky above! I feel blessed to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet I am given when I am there. Thanks for sharing today and I wish you a lovely pink weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Jacalyn Sweetie...
Happy Miracle Weekend. I am so thrilled that you decided to post and that you shared the ocean. It represents so much. Calming, soothing, alive, blue in color, peaceful, serinity, happiness, lulling in sound, never ending and so many more to me. God is so good to us. He gave us so many beautiful things in our lifes and sometimes I think we get busy with everyday tasks and do forget what we have to be thankful for. Thank you sweet friend for sharing with me today. I love this post.

Please stop by Country Wings in Phoenix as my blog counts towards a $1.00 a comment also. We want to make lots of money for the next Miracle Makeover. Thank you for sharing my dear friend Colette's wonderful story.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Ann said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture. God certainly did create all things for his glory and for our enjoyment. What a beautiful post.
Ann

Char said...

The ocean is my most favorite place to be. It's constantly moving and changing, it speaks to you....what more could you want. So peaceful and full of life. I have to ask myself why the dear Lord above planted me in the desert!!! I bet he is having a daily laugh on me......what a sense of humor.
After 7 years I finally figured it out and it's all good. I have the chance to make it to the ocean once a year for my fix and I am a very happy girl.
I love that you posted the picture for us water babies out here in blogland. Thankyou, your post meant more to me than you could know. Happy Pink Saturday Jacalyn and Happy Miracle Party, Char

Lisa said...

What a lovely part of you to share! The water is great is so bing adn powerfula and so soothing, teh sound the feel! This post really made mew smile!
Hugs, Lisa

stefanie said...

soooo true!

That shabby Pink Girl said...

I too find the water fasinating, and I am actually scared to death of water deeper than in my Bath Tub.
But the water in Hawaii is so Beautiful, and In Monterey Bay California, I could look at it forever. I live near the Coast and i love the smell of the Ocean and the sounds, but I never go in the water.
Have a Happy Pink Saturday.
marrian elizabeth

Marfi-topia said...

Hello!what a gorgeous photo and such a nice story to go along with it...I'm a bit intimidated by the ocean,but I have much respect for it. Ive only seen it twice in my life and both times I was in awe.
Have a magical day!!
Marfi

LV said...

A great feature for today's special Pink Saturday. I never had the occasion to live around water to get this calming feeling. Those that I know that have been to the Falls, so it is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Jacalyn ~

Thanks for stopping by my blog, your comment enters you into my surprise give-a-way!

I love your post!

Anonymous said...

Jacalyn ~

Thanks for stopping by my blog, your comment enters you into my surprise give-a-way!

I love your post!

D. Jean Quarles said...

The ocean does have that effect doesn't it? Happy Pink Day.

Chatty Crone said...

There is something powerful in the ocean. Happy Pink Saturday. sandie

Dogmom Diva said...

Jacalyn, thanks for visiting me yesterday..I was just visiting Niagara Falls last month, I had always wanted to see them and while visiting my friend in Pittsburgh she surprised me and we went for an overnight..It was awesome..stunning..if you check my blog for the end of July or early August I did a post.
Have a great week!
Barb

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Jacalyn. Thank you for making Pink Saturday special, and for taking part in this day of celebration and thanks.

There truly are miracles going on all around us every day. We just have to open our hearts in acceptance.

Thank you for sharing the inspiration you find in water. I spent most of my life living near the ocean, and it renews my spirit.

I'm still hoping to reach my goal of 200 comments by midnight tonight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...