Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to reality and a great story!

As the saying goes "all good things must come to an end."  I guess that's true because how would we enjoy them then?  Yes, I am back from the beach which was absolutely glorious!  Of course you can expect me to share some pictures from that which I will beginning on Pink Saturday. 

Today I wanted to share an amazing event that occurred while we were away.  Many of you have probably been to Myrtle Beach and thus have visited Broadway at the Beach.  For those of you who have not, this is a fabulous place for shopping, dining, and entertainment.  My daughters and I thought we would spend an evening there while hubby went to a ball game.  All went well until my daughter Erin lost her Coach wristlet which of course contained her money, ID, and her camera.  She had set it on a bench to show me a purchase she made and forgot to grab it when we walked away.  It was literally less than 5 minutes but upon her return it was gone!  There was a gentleman sitting on the bench and my daughter tearfully asked him if he'd seen it.  He did not but was sympathetic.  We reported it to the main office in case someone turned it in.

Erin of course was devastated.  She had all of her pictures (more than 1000) saved on her camera, plus I had just purchased the wristlet for her.  But alas, about 15 minutes after we reported it, the office called and told Erin it was turned in!  Yay!  The amazing part occurred when she retrieved it.  It turns out that the gentlemen that was on the bench turned it in.  He told the clerk that he saw some people with it and approached them, asking if they found it on a bench.  He snatched it from them "I know who that belongs to" and turned it in!  What an amazing man to become involved and ensure that my daughter received her wristlet back.  It sounds as if the group that had it had no intention of returning it!  The gentleman did not leave his name so we don't know who he is. But, wherever he is I would like to give him a big "thank you" for becoming involved and caring about a young woman's wristlet!  I just love when it is reaffirmed that there really are some great people in the world!

Erin and Megan at Broadway at the Beach

Have a wonderful day and I will see you on Pink Saturday!

OXOXOXOX,
Jacalyn

7 comments:

Patti said...

Oh, what a lovely story. In a world that is so often filled with hurtful people, it's always nice to hear stories like that.

About seven years ago, we had a similar thing happen. We were on a cross-country trip and had spent the night at some hotel in Columbia, Missouri. My daughter (then 13) accidentally left her purse---with all the money she had (about $70)---in the hotel dining room, where we had had breakfast. It wasn't until we got to Kansas City about two hours later that she noticed her purse was missing. We called the hotel (thankful for a cell phone) and told the hotel desk about it. They took our address in case it was found. And wouldn't you know it, about a week later, the purse arrived in the mail...with every bit of her money still in it!!

I'm glad you had a good time, and I look forward to seeing your photos.

Blessings,
Patti

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Good Morning Sweetie...
What a beautiful ending to this story. It is sad that there are not more honest people left in this world. The kindness of a stranger to get involved and return to the owner what was lost. He was definitely an angel among us.

I can't wait to see the Pink Saturday pics. I know the will be phenomenal.

I was born on the naval base in Charleston and Daddy and Momma took us to Myrtle Beach every weekend they could. Such a beautiful place S.C. I will always have a piece of me that lives there. A Southern gal at heart.

Have a beautiful day sweet friend. I am so glad you all are home and made it safely.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Chatty Crone said...

You were rally blessed there.
Glad you're back and had a good time.
sandie

Debbi said...

Jackie, glad all turned out well with the wristlet. And I am glad you had a lovely time at the beach too. Hope you got rested and refreshed, ready to bring out those creative juices again!

Anonymous said...

I've been to Myrtle Beach...loved it...so glad that your story has a happy ending...my DD would have been crushed because it was COACH :D

~victoria~

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Jaclyn! That is the kind of story I love to hear. What a relief to find that and that the man did that for your daughter. Just shows there are good samaritans out there in the world!

Checking in from a blog break to see what is going on in your world. I hope to be back after the first of September. Lots and lots going on here, demading my undivided attention. Snuck off to blog for one day. LOL!

Hope all is well there. Cute pic of the girls!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Miss Magpies Shoppe said...

Hello, Girlie, glad you are back safe and sound! We have missed you on MMP. Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...